Interstate Highway A-1 (I-A1) in Alaska

 

A map of Interstate A1 (I-A1) in Alaska, and the shield for I-A1.

Interstate A-1 (I-A1) is a 41.3 miles (66.4 km) long Interstate highway that connects Anchorage and Wasilla in Alaska. Most of I-A1 is also part of the Glenn Highway. Alaska Route 1 from Anchorage to Homer is designated as part of Interstate A1's routing, however this segment is not signed as I-A1 and is not up to Interstate highway standards. The speed limit on I-A1 is 60 mph (100 km/h) from Wasilla to D Street and 55 mph (90 km/h) from D Street to Bragaw Street before slowing down to 45 mph at Airport Heights Drive/Mountain View Drive where the freeway ends.

In addition to I-A1, there are three unsigned Interstate highways in Alaska - Interstate A-2, Interstate A-3 and Interstate A-4.

Interstate A-2 - Also known as the Alaska Highway and the Richardson Highway, runs from Tok to Fairbanks. Unsigned for its entire length and is not up to Interstate highway standards.

Interstate A-3 - Also known as the Seward Highway and the Sterling Highway, runs from Soldotna to Anchorage. Unsigned for its entire length and is not up to Interstate highway standards.

Interstate A-4 - Also known as the Parks Highway, runs from Gateway (near Palmer, AK) to Fairbanks. Unsigned for its entire length and is not up to Interstate highway standards.

I used Google Maps to make the map showing I-A1's routing; Google Maps is the property of Google, Inc. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Mallettbarr Plainess" - A Summary of Mallettbarr Culture and Defining Characteristics

Welcome!

Things Only People From Altamasstachia Understand