Interstate Highways in Iowa

 

The shields for Iowa's primary and auxiliary Interstate highways.

There are eight primary Interstate highways and seven auxiliary Interstate highways in Iowa.

Interstate 29 (I-29) - Runs from the Missouri state line at Hamburg, IA to the South Dakota state line on the Big Sioux River at Sioux City, IA.

Interstate 33 (I-33) - Runs from I-29 and I-86 in Sioux City to the Minnesota state line near Bigelow, MN.

Interstate 35 (I-35) - Runs from the Missouri state line near Lamoni, IA to the Minnesota state line near Albert Lea, MN.

Interstate 53 (I-53)  - Runs from the Missouri state line on the Des Moines River at St. Francisville, MO to the Minnesota state line near Chester, IA.

Interstate 74 (I-74) - Runs from I-80 at Davenport to the Illinois state line on the Mississippi River.

Interstate 80 (I-80) - Runs from the Nebraska state line on the Missouri River at Council Bluffs, IA to the Illinois state line on the Mississippi River at LeClaire, IA.

Interstate 86 (I-86) - Runs from the Nebraska state line on the Missouri River at Sioux City, IA to the Illinois state line on the Mississippi River at Dubuque, IA.

Interstate 88 (I-88) - Runs from the Illinois state line on the Mississippi River near LeClaire, IA to I-80 in Sheraton Heights.

Interstate 235 (I-235) - Runs from I-35/80 at West Des Moines to I-35/80 at Des Moines.

Interstate 280 (I-280) - Runs from I-80 at Davenport to the Illinois state line on the Mississippi River at Rock Island, IL.

Interstate 353 (I-353) - Runs from I-53 and US 20 east of Raymar to Waterloo.

Interstate 480 (I-480) - Runs from the Nebraska state line on the Missouri River at Council Bluffs to I-29 at Council Bluffs.

Interstate 635 (I-635): Also known as the Des Moines Bypass and the Military Order of the Purple Heart Highway, runs from I-35 in West Des Moines to I-80/US 65 in Altoona. I-635 serves as a southern bypass of Des Moines.

Interstate 680 (I-680) - Runs from the Nebraska state line on the Missouri River at Omaha, NE to I-29 near Crescent, IA.

Interstate 880 (I-880) - Runs from I-29 at Loveland to I-80 near Neola. Originally part of I-680 until it was re-numbered to I-880 in 2019.

UPDATE (February 22, 2024): Added Interstate 635 (I-635) to this page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Mallettbarr Plainess" - A Summary of Mallettbarr Culture and Defining Characteristics

Welcome!

Things Only People From Altamasstachia Understand