Interstate Highways in the District of Columbia

The shields for the primary and auxiliary Interstate highways that run through Washington, D.C.

There are two primary Interstate highways and five auxiliary Interstate highways in the District of Columbia.

Interstate 66 (I-66) - Runs from the Virginia state line on the Potomac River via the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge to the Maryland state line near Tuxedo, Cheverly, MD, utilizing a series of tunnels and underground entrances/exits for its interchanges.

Interstate 95 (I-95) - The Woodrow Wilson Bridge carries I-95 and I-495 across the Potomac River from the Virginia state line to the Maryland state line, and is the only bridge in the US that crosses the borders of three state-level jurisdictions (DC, Maryland, and Virginia).

Interstate 266 (I-266) - Runs from the Virginia state line on the Potomac River via the Three Sisters bridge to I-66 and K Street.

Interstate 295 (I-295) - Runs from the Maryland state line to I-695 in Washington, D.C., which connects to I-395. Known as the Anacostia Freeway.

Interstate 395 (I-395) - Runs from the Virginia state line to New York Avenue (US 50) in Mount Vernon Square.

Interstate 495 (I-495) - The Woodrow Wilson Bridge carries I-495 and I-95 across the Potomac River from the Virginia state line to the Maryland state line

Interstate 695 (I-695) - Runs from the Southwest Freeway/3rd Street Tunnel (I-395) in Southwest Federal Center to I-295 (Anacostia Freeway) in Fairlawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Mallettbarr Plainess" - A Summary of Mallettbarr Culture and Defining Characteristics

Welcome!

Things Only People From Altamasstachia Understand